Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: 8310

Groupwise Units will not activate.

[ Edited ]

Ok, this issue is killing me.  I have several units which we are replacing old and damaged blackberrys with new units and they will not activate.  Additionally I have some units which have been in use and are now not receiving email, but they can send, attempting to re-activate these units also fails.  I am able to send PIN messages to the ones which have stopped receiving mail and these units are also still able to send. 

So far I have rebooted both Blackberrys and BES, and sent test messages using the PIN.  I have also deleted the affected user and re-added them.  Regular email will not send and the units will not activate.  Something new this morning is that the Blackberrys now show a message that they have not received a response from the BES.

Environment:

Windows Ent. Server 2003 R2

BES for Groupwise 4.1.6.13

38 Users/28 contacted today, 2 not contacted for over 1 month, and 8 that have never activated. 

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Jeff Sorrells, CISSP, CCNA
Dallas County Schools

============================================
I worked for a long time to create something good for this, but then decided it was hopeless like most of the people I have worked with.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Units will not activate.

Sounds like a dataplan issue for activation and possible a BES issue on not receiving.

Lets get the dataplan ruled out.

Under Manage Connections on the device (Most of OS 5), there's a services status which tells if connected to the data network.

For BES dataplan testing.

Want to check if a device is provisioned correctly?

https://www.blackberry.com/besc/dashboard/

Then use the Enterprise Activation Readiness tool.

All at absolutely no cost to you or your organization!

The BESC gives you a suite of valuable tools, and includes a Complimentary Support Incident should you need to contact BlackBerry Technical Support directly.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Ran the tool, and it is provisioned correctly.  So now what can I check on the BES itself?  At present I am on the phone with AT&T support and I'm sorry but it would help if AT&T's tech staff had a clue as to what it is that they are supposed to support. 

Dallas County Schools

I worked for a long time to create something good for this, but then decided it was hopeless like most of the people I have worked with.
New Contributor

Please some one offer another possible solution.  I have been on the phone with AT&T for over 2 hours now and I am ready to slit my own wrist!  2 hours and so far they are still asking me **bleep** about the Desktop Manager and the only question on the BES is do I have a login to it. 

Does anyone have a phone number for RIM's BES support?

Dallas County Schools