Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Groupwise switch to SOAP, strange behaviour ?

Hi,

We upgraded our BES 4.1 for GroupWise to SP4 and switched the access mode from OAPI to SOAP. I can see on the POA web console that the BES clients are initiating a SOAP connection. I also still see the BES server creating C/S connection to the POA for the BB users.

Is this normal behaviour ?

I was under the impression that while using SOAP there would only be SOAP connections from the BES to the POA and no more C/S connections.

If it is normal behaviour, should I better upgrade the client on the BES server to Groupwise 7 SP3 instead of the GW 6.5.6.7 that is installed now ? 

Regards,

Hen 

Contributor

Re: Groupwise switch to SOAP, strange behaviour ?

I would, the documentation recommends to use GW Client 7.01 or later if using SOAP mode, even though object API is still supported.
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Groupwise switch to SOAP, strange behaviour ?

FYI, I found out that even though RIM's documentation says SOAP is recommended it doesn't always work correctly (per RIM's TS), if people have issues using the SOAP API, they usually have them revert to the object API. I guess RIM is working with Novell to address the issue, but if you're having issues you may want to which back to the object API.