Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: BLACKBERRY BOLD
My Carrier: VERIZON

HELP please. The enterprise activation process doesn't synchronize Outlook email data but DOES sync outlook calendar, contacts, etc?

Hi - hoping someone can help me. My story is below:

Blackberry Enterprise Activation was working fine for 4months. 3 weeks ago the phone no longer received work emails - thru Outlook - but continued to receive Outlook Calendar updates, contacts, etc. And I was receiving emails from other sites (hotmail,Verizon).

Per my IT dept at work, yesterday I Wiped phone clean(excpet Media card), and Re-activated with work email and password. Received message ACTIVATION COMPLETE. However, my work email - Outlook - is STILL NOT SYNCING! And the work calendar, contacts/etc. still are synced.

Verizon says its not their issue. Have to go through my work IT dept. And all IT knows is to do the exercise I just described above.

So, are there any suggestions/solutions out there? Do I Re-activate AGAIN with same email/password? Is it my Corporate companies issue because the Blackberry server lives away from my office? Please help.

New Contributor
My Device: 9800 Torch
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: HELP please. The enterprise activation process doesn't synchronize Outlook email data but DOES sync outlook calendar, contacts, etc?

I would recommend having them reactivate your device again.  But only after they check that all their services are running, and they have restarted them all.

This should be standard practice for them to restart BES services ( the physical server need not be restarted ).  After that, wipe your BB, have them specify a new password and activate again.

Failing that, it's time to start checking permissions for the besadmin account on the local server, and then go rooting through the MAGT logs of the server.

Cheers, 

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: HELP please. The enterprise activation process doesn't synchronize Outlook email data but DOES sync outlook calendar, contacts, etc?

are new messages getting to device and not the old ones?

If using the same PIN upon activation look at this KB

KB04713 - Enable message prepopulation for all users on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V