Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

How to add additional Exchange server to BES?

We are upgrade our exchange servers from 2003 to 2007.  In the process of this we have updated BES to 4.1.5.  But to upgrade our exchange server we have format and reinstall our current Exchange.  So we had the idea to temporaly install a new exchange box and move the mail boxes over to that server (run their for a week or so to make sure it is running fine) the disconnect our current exchange format and update and mirgate the mail boxes from the temp exchange server.  Well I have setup the temp server and movied my mail box over but now my Blackberry can't send or receive.  It doesn't seem to know the exchangetemp server is their and I can't figure how to add it to the BES server?  any ideas?  Basicly we have a Front End Exchange and 2 backend Exchanges. How can we get BES to work with both backend servers?

Thanks,

Jon

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

Re: How to add additional Exchange server to BES?

as long as your backend servers are live on your domain, reboot of BES should automatically detect them.
Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
Developer
My Device: 8520, 9700

Ensure that the Service Account that BlackBerry users has permissions over the additional servers.

Replication for the most will not occur across the servers, they have to still be assigned.

Once done ensure that the permissions are inherited right down to the User Account itself, do not rely on Microsoft replicating those rights, in addition to that there may also be sometime for replication to take place.

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Gareth wrote:

Ensure that the Service Account that BlackBerry users has permissions over the additional servers.

Replication for the most will not occur across the servers, they have to still be assigned.

Once done ensure that the permissions are inherited right down to the User Account itself, do not rely on Microsoft replicating those rights, in addition to that there may also be sometime for replication to take place.

I've rebooted my BES, my service account is a member of the domain admins group, yet my new exchange 2007 server doesn't show up.  Any suggestions?
Highlighted
Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

First off, your BES service account SHOULD NEVER BE A MEMBER OF DOMAIN ADMINS.  EVER.  There is no need for this.  EVER.

You should set permissions as follows:

KB15196 - Check and correct service account permissions on mailbox store level using Exchange Manage...

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/