Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

How to block other messaging apps like gmail,yahoo etc... from BES

Management is cracking down and want us to setup policies that would block our BES users from using other messaging services like yahoo, hotmail, gmail etc.... Can these be blocked via IT policy or proxy settings or both? Were running xchange BES 4.1.6 MR3

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: How to block other messaging apps like gmail,yahoo etc... from BES

yes you can with ITPolicy.

reference guide here

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/8067/645045/7963/1139827/Bla...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

[ Edited ]
Thanks but can you be more specific. I looked at the policy guide before but dont see a clear cut policy on how to disable other emails systems.
Message Edited by querty on 03-07-2009 12:08 PM
Highlighted
New Contributor

I'm on 4.1.5, but can show you where the policy setting is.  We also block other messaging services and only allow corp email.

Service Exclusivity Policy Group

>Allow Other Message Services - False

---------------------------------------------

Specify whether users can use other message services on the BlackBerry device.

Set this rule to False to force all outbound messages through your organizations BlackBerry Enterprise

Server and prevent users from sending outbound messages from other message services.

Warning: This rule does not prevent users from receiving inbound messages from other message services.

If you do not set this rule, a default value of True will be used.

----------------------------------------------

Hope this information is helpful.

Thanks,

Chris

New Contributor

Thanks, like qerty I knew it was somewhere in the IT Policy Reference but couldn't find it.  This is exacctly what I was looking for.