Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Regular Contributor
My Device: >300 8530s and 9330's
My Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

How to tell if a phone is no longer activated?

I'm running bes 4.1.7.

I need to know if a phone has been wiped and is no longer in communication with the BES server. (No policies applied)

Is there a way I can tell how long it has been since the IT policy was checked on all my phones or something?

Ken

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: How to tell if a phone is no longer activated?

there is no way to tell if a user wiped it really, but in BB manager you will see last contact time increase.

you can also see when last time IT policy was sent in BB manager, might have to add some collums to see that info

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Regular Contributor

Thanks Knotty that was exactly what I was looking for. I figured I couldn't tell if they wiped it, I just didn't know how to tell how long it had been since the phone talked to the server.

My problem is that I went into blackberry manager and I can't find any columns that is associated with "last contact time". What am I missing?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

you need to edit the collums to get that heading to see it.

right click the collum title and add what you want.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Regular Contributor

That is what I did on the Users tab. There is nothing to do with "last contact time" in the column selection.

Could this be because I'm using bes 4.1.7?  Oh also, this is BES for MDS applications also.

I went into the database and found the UserStats table and the LastContactTime is null for all entries. Maybe this version doesn't support that?

Guru III
My Device:

oh, MDS only version might not support it. I have never tried it

Regular Contributor

Alright knotty, you don't get a kudo for telling me I'm stuck!! Smiley Wink

From what I've seen so far, there really isn't any way to tell if the phone isn't talking to the BES server then. This is not good.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: various
My Carrier: AT&T

The user can tell you if they wiped it. Go to the enterprise activation screen and type the following in the email field:

hold ALT and press cnfg

This will give you an activation date.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Accept as Solution" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the Star on the left of their post.
Guru III
My Device:

resend service books or IT policy and see which ones dont get updated.

Regular Contributor

There is an idea. Thanks I'll give that a shot.