Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

IT Policy Status Message: 70 Processing Stopped: Invalid PIN

We are noticing "IT Policy Status Message: 70 Processing Stopped: Invalid PIN" on some of our newly registered BES accounts.  These are accounts where the user has not yet completed the Enterprise Activation process.  BES 4.1.4.17, Domino 702.

Can't find a match on the BB Support Site.

Thanks,

Steve 

New Contributor
My Device: Sprint 8830

Re: IT Policy Status Message: 70 Processing Stopped: Invalid PIN

I too am having the same problem.  I am running BES 4.1.4.15 with Exchange 2003 SP2 .  I am trying to setup two users and they receive the activation e-mails just fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: Sprint 8830

OK, got my own answer.  Found a couple of other Threads that mentioned making sure you had the BES service on your phone.  Sure enough I did not.  I had unlimited internet, but not the BES service.  Once that was added to the phone.  Viola!!!  Hope this helps somebody.

Anyone have a link on getting this on a BB?
Contributor

Generally by IT Policy it is possible to restrict the range of allowed PIN-s, and also device model types if I recall right. Perhaps it's worthwhile to check the policy settings which apply to the user account in question. Maybe your list of allowed device models needs an  update...
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I have the same problem. Made an update from SBS 4.0 to Prof 4.1.4.15 on Exchange 2003 SP2.

I have too two new Blackberries. (Curve 8310) ..

If I try to use the Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Enterprise Activation the Activation process ran during 20 minutes without any changes on the display and then i got "The server didn´t response..."

What should I do?

The event log says:

"8 - MessageClassificationRules AdminObjectDefinition is not defined in server" multiple times in the period (ca. 100 errors)

If I delete the user and add it in the BES MAnager, the Event Log said this:

Warning - 102 - 'UserConfig' Property Set has no definition for property 'Email'

Error - 301 - Server returned a fault code = 12 message = ''

Warning - 102 - 'UserConfig' Property Set has no definition for property 'Email'

[AUDIT] rhess@tecracer.de - User added to the BES

Message Edited by AlexD1979 on 06-18-2008 09:53 AM
Message Edited by AlexD1979 on 06-18-2008 10:02 AM

[ Edited ]
I wanted to add to this thread because I had this exact same problem and it turned out my clients spam firewall was blocking the email that is sent from RIM to the persons inbox to set up the account. If you are getting this error check that a spam filter is not blocking the message sent from RIM during setup.(not the email that BES sends)
Message Edited by ifyalky on 08-25-2008 06:29 PM
New Contributor

I have also spent a lot of time with this error 70, so I thought that I would leave information and a solution for the next guy with the "odd" problem that I had.

I received this error since I had an Email forwarding setup on my client's MS Exchange server for this particular user (that received this error when trying to activate his BB). This meant that the activation Email went to both the correct user and another user. In this scenario the BlackBerry server software simply got confused between the correct user's BlackBerry Pin no. and the forwarded user's BlackBerry Pin no. (the user that got the forwarded Emails also has a BlackBerry).

After I took the forwarding of the Emails away from the MS Exchange server between these two users, the user that had the error activated and synchronized his BlackBerry without error 70 in no time.

I hope this helps someone else one day Smiley Wink

Jovo5