Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

IT policy to lock blackberry device at maximum time of 15 minutes if unused

I am new to BES. Our company requires that we  lock  blackberry at maximum time of 15 min if unused; And when locked it has a message that the device belongs to our company and if found call this number.

We just have a default policy in place. Could somebody please help me with this??

Once I create a new IT policy what all properties do I have to set/Change??

Also once the policy is set up, Do i have to set up anything at the user level???

I am new to BES. Could somebody please help??

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

Re: IT policy to lock blackberry device at maximum time of 15 minutes if unused

version of BES?

Owner info can set as per this and once device is locked, whatever you enter on Owner info, will be displayed on device:

1. In BlackBerry Manager, select BlackBerry Domain.
2. Select the Global tab.
3. Click Edit Properties.
4. Double-click IT Policy.
5. Sel1ect the IT policy for which you want to configure the Owner Information, and click Properties.
6. Select Common Policy Group.

In the right pane, choose Set Owner Info or Set Owner Name and modify as needed.

Note: The Lock Owner Info option can be configured to disallow users from modifying the Set Owner Info, Set Owner Name or both.
In the IT Policies dialog box, click OK.

-Above steps can be used to set Password policy, just go to Device only items instead of Common Policy Group

Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.