Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: Not Specified

Intermitten messages not being delivered

Good day,

We're running BES 4.2 and exchange 2007. Emails that are sent to distribution lists are not delivered. Has anybody seen this before? All other email get delivered to the handhelds all the time.

Thanks for your help.

Ray

Contributor

Re: Intermitten messages not being delivered

We had to fix this by creating a filter.  I think our filters are set at the group level, but a global filter should work too.

Recipient Types: Sent Directly, Cc, or Bcc

Action: Forward

We added the Bcc and Cc just to make sure all emails that hit the users mailbox also hit the BB.

BES 4.1.4
Exchange 2003
150 Users
Devices: 8830
Carriers: Verizon
Retired

So the distribution lists in question are dynamic distribution lists that you've created in Exchange 2007?

correct they are dynamic.
Highlighted
Retired

[ Edited ]

I can't think of any obvious reason why this wouldn't work.

Unlike regular Distribution Lists (that contain a defined set of members from the Global Address List), the members that belong to Dynamic Distribution Groups are determined each time that a message is sent to them. When you create a Dynamic Distribution Group, you're defining Active Directory attributes that people must have, in order to be a recipient of messages that you send to that Dynamic Distribution Group. If you are sending messages to that Dynamic Distribution Group and the users are receiving them in Outlook, I cannot think of any reason that they wouldn't be forwarded to their BlackBerry smartphones.

Is there any additional information that we may need to know?

Message Edited by TheOracle on 04-18-2008 10:28 AM