Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: Not Specified

Introduction of DST in Mauritius

Hi ,

DST will be introduced in Mauritius, we will be one hour forward on the last sunday of October.

I have already (manually) created a new timezone on windows to reflect this change ( and updated all computers/servers). What changes must I do on the BES and on the devices so that they move swiftly one hour forward ?

Thanks

D.

Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

Re: Introduction of DST in Mauritius

[ Edited ]

Didier wrote:

Hi ,

DST will be introduced in Mauritius, we will be one hour forward on the last sunday of October.

I have already (manually) created a new timezone on windows to reflect this change ( and updated all computers/servers). What changes must I do on the BES and on the devices so that they move swiftly one hour forward ?

Thanks

D.

Ok, so I had no clue where / who / what Mauritius is ... so I googled. KB15058 - How to prepare BlackBerry Enterprise Server for Microsoft Exchange to support DST changes ...

Are you using Exchange?  That all said, I don't see anything RIM has released for GMT +4 time zone updates.

Message Edited by AndyDufresne on 10-10-2008 03:39 PM
------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/

Hi Andy, Thanks for answer,

So now you see where Mauritius is but that wiki page doesn't show you the beautiful Beach we have here... ;-)

So on a more serious note, the goverment decided of this DST change quite late, thefore even Microsoft didn't issue a patch for us... so I added a new time zone manually (using tzedit) and populated it to all servers/computers using group policy and created manually on the wm5 and wm6 pda. The main issue now lies with my BlackBerry devices.

I cannot understand how where the TimeZone is kept in BES. Is it the SQL Server (I saw some insert string into SyncDeviceConfig table). Can I insert data into this table? Must I wait for a patch from RIM? Where lies the importance of the TZ data inside BES, why doesn't the BES take TZ info from the underlying OS? How does the device get the TZ info, is it a reflection of the BES server TZ info?

Thanks to bring shed some light on those issues

Rgds

Didier

Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

Didier wrote:

Hi Andy, Thanks for answer,

So now you see where Mauritius is but that wiki page doesn't show you the beautiful Beach we have here... ;-)

So on a more serious note, the goverment decided of this DST change quite late, thefore even Microsoft didn't issue a patch for us... so I added a new time zone manually (using tzedit) and populated it to all servers/computers using group policy and created manually on the wm5 and wm6 pda. The main issue now lies with my BlackBerry devices.

I cannot understand how where the TimeZone is kept in BES. Is it the SQL Server (I saw some insert string into SyncDeviceConfig table). Can I insert data into this table? Must I wait for a patch from RIM? Where lies the importance of the TZ data inside BES, why doesn't the BES take TZ info from the underlying OS? How does the device get the TZ info, is it a reflection of the BES server TZ info?

Thanks to bring shed some light on those issues

Rgds

Didier

Unfortunately, the data does reside in the BES SQL database (SyncDeviceConfig table as you indicated).  I wouldn't be surpirsed if you could insert data in and it would probably work if formatted correctly ... but I personally wouldn't try it.  Unfortunately, the only work-around without something official from RIM would be manually changing the time on the HHs to a different time zone that matches the time that you're on.  The HHs get their updated data (as long as the OS is new enough) from the BES.

I would recommend calling TSupport and explaining the situation to them.  This shouldn't be something that they would charge for as it is a function of the product that isn't working correctly.  That said, it isn't RIMs fault that they didn't predict every TZ change; but they should help you.

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Highlighted

I think it would be better to contact RIM, i will also contact the mobile network companies. Maybe they already got a patch from RIM.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

D.