Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Lotus Domino/Notes 8.5+BES 4.1.6.X - Contacts - Wireless Sync Not Available

All,

I thought I'd share this, as it has driven me crazy for the last few days..

I've had the following.

BlackBerry Enterprise Server, Version 4.1.6.48
Lotus Domino 8.5

Email is synced OK, Calendar is synced OK. Contacts would not sync on a variety of devices and firmware levels.  When you looking into Contacts, Wireless Synchronization is set to  Not Available.

No amount of deleting desktop service books helped. Neither did wiping the device and reactivating. There didn't appear to be anything in the logs on the BES either.

Solution is :

In Lotus Notes make sure Contacts in Preferences are set to replicate : i.e. Synchronize Contacts is ticked and that replication is enabled for the particular location.

On the BES input for EACH user in the Address Book section

location i.e.. Server/my company

and the location path for the mail file mail\myname.nsf.

Delete from the handheld the service book Desktop [SYNC] and resend the service book from the BES 

In contacts, Wireless Sync, is now set to yes.

Downside, I have to now input this information for each user and delete a service book.

Happy Travels

A

Highlighted
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Lotus Domino/Notes 8.5+BES 4.1.6.X - Contacts - Wireless Sync Not Available

I am not a domino guy, but have seen this a few times on the forums.

Thanks for the tip.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V