Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

MDS Services Install and Management 4.1.3

I developed a couple MDS applications for the company I work with and they work beautifully on the MDS simulator. Here comes the next stage of actual distribution.

I have installed BES 4.1.3 with MDS services on one of our servers in the company.

I got as far as the stage where you click on the left side of BlackBerry Manager on the MDS Services labeled with the HTTPS domain it is going to run on, and I get the expected message about the SSL Certificate you need to install every time you open the Manager, but then after I install the certificate it asks for a user name and password.

It says “The server at blabla.blabla.com at blabla.blabla.com:7443 requires a user name and password.”

I have tried all the passwords in the world including the server administrator, the install password, the domain passwords, the users’ password and I can’t figure out what user and password it is looking for.

If I click cancel I get this beautiful picture of two servers connected with a line and a big RED question mark on it with the message “There are errors retrieving data from the server. Please refer to the log for more information” Smiley Sad. All the log says is that there is an authentication problem.

Please HELLLPPPPPPP!

Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

Re: MDS Services Install and Management 4.1.3

When the server was setup a separate admin account was created to connect to MDSS.  If you don't know this password you can go into SQL Ent Manager and change the password (username by default is admin I think); you'd then need to change password in any registry location or in the tomcat conf file too. (which is in a subdir of the MDSS directory on the server where MDSS is installed).
------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: MDS Services Install and Management 4.1.3

thank you, i found the password in the tomcat conf file. and it works Smiley Happy