Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Message delete from Outlook but still in HH

Hi

I am commenting on the original issue that was posted referring to the following lines:

Queuing notification of hard-deleted mail. RefId=-893778111
[40182] (04/06 11:34:46.651):{0x140C} {xxx@ABC.COM} MAPIMailbox::RefIDtoEntryID - Found RefId=-893778111
[40369] (04/06 11:34:46.651):{0x140C} {xxx@ABC.COM} Message found by RefId - not hard-deleted. RefId=-893778111

This will happen when exchange cached mode is enabled for the mail user.

I can confirm this with the line from the RIM knowledge base:

"if hard delete is enabled on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, permanently deleted emails on Microsoft Outlook will not reconcile on the BlackBerry smartphone since a duplicate copy still exists on the Microsoft Exchange Server"

Regards,

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Please dont necro old threads with almost no new content nor a link to support your findings.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Storm2 9550
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

***Edit*** I just saw this was an old thread, sorry for adding a reply...

I had the same issue but in reverse, along with the refid errors. For my user it turned out to be a quota issue on a sub section of his mailbox (the overall mailbox size was fine). We use managed folders and have one section that is limited to 500mb, and my user was at 513mb in the managed folder.

That was enough to break syncing (even thought the sub folder wasn't set to sync). His device would sync read/unread status and deletes from Outlook to the device, but not deletes from the device to Outlook. I had tried upgrading his device, moving his mailbox, deleting him from the BES and adding back and changing BES servers. I couldn't believe it turned out to be a quota exceeded on a sub folder that wasn't even set to sync. Soon as I cleaned up the sub folder to drop it below quota, preformed a reload on the user all the refid errors went away.

For your VIP, if there is just a mismatch in folder refids then you can remove him from the BES, tell it to delete the information from his mailbox then wait 10 minutes or so to make sure he is purged from the database. After that add him back, then activate again and hopefully the refid errors will go away.

Maybe add him to a static message agent so you can log his information in its own debug log file.