Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Blackberry 9900
My Carrier: ATT

Messages Icon shows only text messages and will not go to email. (Hosted Exchange)

Support:

Recently our company has switched to Blackberry Bold 9900s.  Since then I have had several users complaining about their message icons on homepage not showing correct unread emails or not sowing emails at all.

Usually a quick reset gets these working, however, one of our VPs today has another error, and I cannot find a article about the error resolution.

The problem is that his message icon will not send him to his email.  Instead it only sends him to his text messages which he hasn't any.  I cannot get the message icon to go to his corporate email.  The notification icon shows that he has 7 unread emails, however once in messages it shows none.  How can I default to corporate exchange email or switch from texts to emails once in the messages program.

We are currently using a Hosted Exchange service through USA.net, and he has the blackberry package running on that exchange host.

Thank you for your quick response.

Justin Baney

IT Administrator

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Messages Icon shows only text messages and will not go to email. (Hosted Exchange)

For the odd not showing correct count Try a Battery pull please, with the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery 15 seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot device. This will clear all cache like rebooting a PC. Then try again and see if your problem persists.

Goto messages, options, inbox management and select the ones he wants to show in messages.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V