Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Messages deleted on device not deleted on server

I have a user with a BB7290.  This phone has recently stopped deleting messages from the email server when they are deleted on the device.  If the message is opened on the device, it does mark the message as read on the server/in Outlook.  Settings on the device say to delete on Mailbox & Handheld under Email Reconciliation, and Wireless Reconcile is set to On.
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Curve 8900

Re: Messages deleted on device not deleted on server

As a quick test, if they delete an item on the handheld, then kick off a manual Reconcile Now, are the items deleted off the server?

New Contributor

Tried that.  No good.
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Curve 8900

I would recommend removing the user from the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, then re-add them.
New Contributor

I was hoping not to as it sometime takes a bit to traverse our beaurocracy, but I already opened a ticket with the BES admin to get his suggestion(s).  I'll give it a try and see what happens.

Thanks! 

Contributor

See if the admin will resend the service books the user from the BES.  If not, you could delete and undelete the Desktop CMIME service book.  Other than that, remove and re add user.

Resending the service books, but wiping the device and reactivating on the BES fixed the issue.

Thanks 

Contributor

That was a little drastict solution.

Did you try deleting the Desktop [Sync] service book and undeleting it maybe 30 seconds later.

This will force the device to EA wirelessly again on the server.

If that did not work you could have tried deleting all the Desktop service book and then resynching the device with Desktop Manager, this would force all new service books into the device and EA again.

BlackBerry Device Admin.
Retired
My Device: Bold

Sometimes, all you need to do is go into your Email options and turn reconciliation off and then on again.

Btw, Desktop[SYNC] Service book is used for synchronizing address book, memo pad and tasks.  Not really used for email reconciliation. 

-BBGuru
New Contributor

For this user it was all right - the only stuff on the handheld was the stuff getting synced through the BES.  If/when I have another user with a similar problem, I'll try turning off/on wireless recon followed by deleting the Desktop[SYNC] service book prior to wiping the device.

Thanks for all the help folks.