Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Missing info on some BB devices

Some of our BB devices do not show what type of phone they are in the Blackberry Manager under the BlackBerry Device Model column,

I saw in a post from peoplesperson on 04-04-2008 that this information is sent only on activation and cannot be obtained unless you do another reactivation. They also mentioned that to try to reactivate the device may get the information.

Is this still the only course of action. I have 8 phone out of 100 that have this problem.

We are running Version 4.1.5.26 on a Windows 2003 box.

any suggestions on this matter would be appreciated

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Missing info on some BB devices

I too have had this problem.

I used to use the right click user and set Activation password and then call the user. 

Since using OTA EA the problem is gone.

I always right click user and Generate and Email activation password.

I have not found a way to change it other than reactivate by right click user and Generate and Email activation password.

Even resend service books would not fix it.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Highlighted
Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

bmurphy wrote:

Some of our BB devices do not show what type of phone they are in the Blackberry Manager under the BlackBerry Device Model column,

I saw in a post from peoplesperson on 04-04-2008 that this information is sent only on activation and cannot be obtained unless you do another reactivation. They also mentioned that to try to reactivate the device may get the information.

Is this still the only course of action. I have 8 phone out of 100 that have this problem.

We are running Version 4.1.5.26 on a Windows 2003 box.

any suggestions on this matter would be appreciated

Solution as outlined by RIM: KB15871 - Phone number and/or wireless service provider information fields do not populate in BlackB...

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Andy,

I tried the solution that you referenced and used it on a i7100 device. The end user followed the instructions for the delete and undelete and then I sent them an activation email. The Device activated on his end and the event view logs said the same on the BES but the information for the phone did not come across.

Any other suggestions.

Brendan

Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

bmurphy wrote:

Andy,

I tried the solution that you referenced and used it on a i7100 device. The end user followed the instructions for the delete and undelete and then I sent them an activation email. The Device activated on his end and the event view logs said the same on the BES but the information for the phone did not come across.

Any other suggestions.

Brendan

Outside of that; only other thing I could suggest would be upgrading the OS on the device  and trying again, hoping that it works ... but that is a bit drastic I think.

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/