Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: Not Specified

Monitoring the BlackBerry Infrastructure

I have a few questions 

1. How many Administrators out there run a BlackBerry Enterprise Server for Novell GroupWise?

2. What sort of monitoring system do you have in place? 

I've heard a lot of good things about Boxtone but they don't have a product for GroupWise. I'm thinking of trying out B*Nator by isec7. It's one of the only ones I can find that monitor GroupWise mail servers, BlackBerry handhelds, Application & SQL database servers, Carrier & RIM infrastructures etc.

3. Does anyone use it & what do you think of it?

Re: Monitoring the BlackBerry Infrastructure

1) We have BES 4.1.4 installed on Novel 6.5 environment. It working very stable, without any major issues. The database we used is of SQL (Remote) which makes it more stable & reliable.

2) As per BES BRK (BlackBerry Resource Kit), there are various monitoring options available which are pretty decent.

3) I didn't heard any thing about the application you have mentioned in the post.

Anyways its happy mailing from BlackBerry device with BES.

Smiley Tongue Cheers

New Contributor

Re: Monitoring the BlackBerry Infrastructure

There are 2 very valuable tools for monitoring that I am aware of.  They are from GWAVA: www.gwava.com

The first is Redline which is a very nifty piece of software that monitors the GroupWise Server in a very complex and detailed fashion.  I guess there are thousands of items it will report on and you can simply choose which you want to see. It generates reports and you can set policies for these too.

They have another one called Retain for BlackBerry Enterprise Server which allows you to archive and audit all the PIN/SMS messages and Phone usage data for everyone of your smartphone users.  The software also sends you email notifications and warnings about issues with your BES server.

You install one piece of the software on the BES and it takes the data, puts it into a proper database format and sends it to your SQL server.  You then install another piece of software on one or many workstations where you can audit, export and search all the data in a very cool UI.They also can turn each text message and Phone call into an email and send it to your email server.