Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Move BBE to new AD Domain

Recently my company consolidated to achieve a single domain. Our old domain is still there and in there we still have our Exchange Server 2003 and BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.1, we are going to be migrating the Exchange server to the new domain, I'm trying to figure out how to move the BlackBerry server to the new domain and have it work with the new Exchange Server without doing any major reconfiguration to the BB clients and so on. The Exchange Server will have the same servername, IP but in different domain. How do I move BBE Server?

Highlighted
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Move BBE to new AD Domain

New Contributor

I should specified, is a different AD Forest. Eventually we'll get rid of the old domain and forest.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

IIRC

Exprt users, SRP, CALS and have users perform a backup of their BB's

Uninstall BES, remove BESAdmin Profile from AD

Move Mailboxes

I prefer to reintall Server OS and install BES from scratch, too many headaches with unjoin join new domain.

Once BES is setup then EA all the users back from exported list. Might have to wipe their phones depending on ITPolicy settings.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

OK I see, is not what I was hoping for, so now where do I find documented information on the steps to do this, do you have a step by step procedure? Any information I can use?
Guru III
My Device:

Follow teh steps I mentioned and use this install guide

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=http--nablac...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V