Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Verizon

Moving to Office365

Greetings,

We are considering moving email to Office365.  Currently we have a BES Enterprise server, BlackBerry UDS server and BlackBerry CS server.  A couple questions have come up and I can't find any definative answers (not even from the tech support I spoke to).

We have an in-house Lync server and Blackberry Collaboration Service server (it is on a separate server from our BlackBerry server).  Will these still work when we move to Office365? Exchange is not listed as a requirement to install the Collaboration Service and I do not recall and Exchange specific configuration during the setup.

One of our IT guys swears that a telco vendor told him a Blackberry Device Service (BDS) server can connect our existing BB devices to email using Active Sync. I cant corroborate this anywhere.  Is he just wrong?

Thank you!

My Device: 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Moving to Office365

You would need BlackBerry Enterprise Server for Microsoft Office 365. Here is the link to documentation

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/subcategories/?userType=2&category=BlackBerry+Enterprise+Server&...

If you are planning to use BlackBerry 10 devices you would need a BlackBerry Device Server