Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Moving to an exchange server and not able to successfully do enterprise activation

[ Edited ]

Hi.

Problem: I set enterprise activation password on the BES.  I go to activate it in the phone.  A minute later I get the ETP.DAT email to my Outlook.

Issues that might have affect the problem: My active directory account has been moved back and forth between 1xch1 to 1xch2.  1xch1 is Active Directory 2000 and 1xch2 is Active Directory 2003.  When my account was created I believe I was created on 1xch2.  I couldn't get the blackberry to activate so I was moved to 1xch1 and it worked.  Recently we moved my account to 1xch2 and now it doesn't work. 

People that have been in 1xch1 have been moved to 1xch2 and we have had no problems.  Why am I so special?

Is there something that isn't checked or is checked in my settings?  Could it be that when I was created - I was actually copied from another account and then created - that some setting was turned off when moved?

Thanks

Jake

Message Edited by jakesmithkec on 05-14-2009 01:25 PM
Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8900

Re: Moving to an exchange server and not able to successfully do enterprise activation

Can you try moving the user to a static mail agent?

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: 7230,7290,8100,8300,8700,9000

Re: Moving to an exchange server and not able to successfully do enterprise activation

You can try to run a handheldcleanup.exe in the Utility file. Unfortunately, I keeps on getting timeout from the BTSC page for some reason. Go to www.blackberry.com/btsc and search for handheldcleanup, there should be a handheldcleanup.exe KB. follow the instructions there and use -u switch.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If someone give you helpful hints, please click on Kudos.
If you issue is resolved, mark Accept Solution next to the resolution post.
Feel free to search www.blackberry.com/btsc to find your answers.