Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Multiple Event ID 10000 from different BES sources

I have multiple application Event ID 10000 errors from several BES sources that I can't seem to resolve.  Basically all these errors are pointing to the inablility to open/create a log file pertinant to its source, example Dispatcher is unable to open folder location\server_DISP_date.txt.  Other sources include Syncronization, Controller, Exchange Connector, Messaging Agent, Policy and DevMgmt Connector.  Also I have three other ones from Backup Connector unable to call Audit, PIN, and SMS log.  How and where do I begin to resolve these? 

I have noticed under the Log folder there are no dated folders for nearly two months.  The BES Configuration - logging tab is configured to create a daily log, Are the issues noted in previous paragraph related to this lack of logging?

I am a newbie at managing this system so any and all assistance/guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
CC

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

Re: Multiple Event ID 10000 from different BES sources

can you post the full error message about not able to open folder location?
Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
New Contributor

Example Syncronization source it says:

"[DIAG] EVENT-Error_opening_debuglog, ERROR=2, EVENTMSG="Error opening Z:\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\Logs\20080919\myservername_SYNC_01_20081909_0001.txt".

The BackupConnector source says:

"[DIAG] EVENT=Error_open_SMS_auditlog, ERROR=2, EVENTMSG="Error opening SMS audit log file"".   SMS is replaced with PIN and Call in the other two error events. 

Thank you,

CC

Forums Veteran I

[ Edited ]

resolution:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/dynamickc.do?externalId=KB11196&sliceId=SAL_Public&command=show&forwa...

Message Edited by BBsingh on 09-19-2008 01:54 PM
Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
New Contributor

Thank you for all your immediate replies and recommendations!  It it truely appreciated. 

Can I safely assume changing BES account will resolve all the event errors relating to not being able to create log file?  Will this same BES account change resolve the CALL, SMS, and PIN ones too?

Thank you,
CC

Forums Veteran I

well, this id off BES support site and assume it will resolve the first issue and then we can look as 2nd one if still unresolved Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor

Sounds good.  I will have to go through change managment process and most likely will not get approved and completed until next week. 

Thanks,

CC