Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

New setup - blackberries not syncing up

Hi All,

Got a fairly new setup here, been running fine for a couple of months now.  We have three users.  Got a call from a user saying that new email was not showing up on his BlackBerry.  I logged in and pulled up the Enterprise Manager and found that all three users last contact time was from 12/13. 

Since I'm new to the BlackBerry world, I don't even know where to look to see what happened.  Funny thing is one user stopped syncing on 12/12, the other two on 12/13.  Anyhow, are there log files i can view?  Nothing was changed on the server as far as configuration.

My client has not purchased the support agreement and we're trying to avoid calling per incident support.

Thanks.

Jaison

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Re: New setup - blackberries not syncing up

Ok, First of all, who installed the BES? Yourself or a Qualified Bes Tech?

(You can do courses on RIM website now to become semi qual)

Anyway, If you installed the BES, What were you logged in as when you installed in?

What Version?

What OS?

What Mailplatform and Version? (Any service packs)

Please answer I will try to assist.

Smiley Very Happy

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
New Contributor

Hi BumblePie,

I installed, however I installed with a tech over the phone (I didn't want to screw it up).  he walked me through all of the steps.

We used the administrator id and the one we created for RIM.

Version 4.1 - directly from their website.

Microsoft Small Business Server 2003 with latest service pack.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8900

[ Edited ]

It could be so many diffrent things, did you make any recent changes to your enviroment? have you rebooted the machine the BES sits on? Tell us more about your mail enviroment? Are the users able to send mail from their blackberry's, and if they can't, if they open the red X email, what do they get as an error message, whatever that error message is, I'd plug it into BCTS in the top right hand corner and start there. Do your uses have mailbox limits, are those users over those limits? If you open the logs on the BES (depending on where you installed them) Check this article to get more info on what all the error logs mean and do http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB04777&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Did you get any events in the event log etc:

Message Edited by bbhorrigan on 12-17-2008 11:14 AM

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply, well, I hate to say it but a reboot of the server fixed it.  Just an FYI, nothing as far as configuration has changed on the server, users were getting and using email on their laptops just fine and there is no limit on their mailbox.  weird.

Thanks again,

Jaison

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8900

Gotta love when those reboots fix it, it was most likely the restarting of one of the services ( most likely the router) that fixed your problem.

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!