Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

No access to server properties after upgrade from BES 4.0.5 --> BES 4.1.5

Hello,

I upgraded our good working BES 4.0.5 to version 4.1.5 and received no errors.  The server also seems to work well, every user receives his mails and is able to send.  But when I try to view the properties of the server I get the following message "Unable to open the property page for this server.  You do not have sufficient access."  I'm logged on with the account Besadmin as I always used to, Besadmin is a member of the local administrators.

Can anyone give me a tip to resolve this problem ?

Thanks in advance,

Alain

BlackBerry Employee

Re: No access to server properties after upgrade from BES 4.0.5 --> BES 4.1.5

What happens if you go into BlackBerry Configuration tool and change the authentication type from Windws to SQL Authentication and then relaunch the manager?

Also if you look a the logs directory, see if there is MNGR log created. If so, see what is being logged as It should show you whats going on just before the error.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: No access to server properties after upgrade from BES 4.0.5 --> BES 4.1.5

I'm feeling a little bit silly about this.  This morning I realised that after the upgrade I've two different BB managers, in fact the shortcut on my desktop with the description "BlackBerry Manager" points to BlackBerry Manager for MMC.  When I start the BlackBerry Manager located in the Programs list I get the "new" version of the manager and I have no problem to get to the server properties.

Thanks Faceman for your suggestions,

Alain