Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

OTASLLastRefreshTime is not updating

OTASLLastRefreshTime is not updating, It has not changed since march 2009

Is it supposed to be a ntext value? Just wondering since I went from MSDE to SQL a while ago.

I have since my MSDE to SQL move, a knife edge cutover a few times to upgrade hardware.

I do see 3 OS choices for devices we dont have anymore. So it did work once before.

I have plenty of devices that could be upgraded so for some reason OTASL is not working.

I have rebooted BES a month ago but it never changed.

Tomorrow I will be scouring the logs for any info.

BES 4.1.6 MR7 installed on WIN 2k

Remote SQL 2005 SP2

Exchange 2003 SP 2

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: OTASLLastRefreshTime is not updating

[ Edited ]

I closed manager last night on BES and found this in my apps log today.

[OTASLRefresh] Failed OTASL Upgrade Refresh

Also in DISP log

[30222] (01/20 11:34:19.814):{0x9C4} {knottyrope} MFH: contentType=OTASL, sizeOTA=290, sizeOTW=353, TransactionId=127670999, Tag=7816879

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Guru III
My Device:

Did some more searching in logs for OTASL

In MNGR

[10000] (01/26 13:52:49.760):{0x1558} [OTASLRefresh] Failed OTASL Upgrade Refresh

POLC for 3 users

[40000] (01/26 13:31:24.447):{0xA68} {user@domain.com, PIN=XXXXXXXX, UserId=79}RequestHandler:Smiley Very HappyoGMEReceiveProcessing - Receiving packet from device, size=391, TransactionId=-609168567, Tag=18238602, content type=OTASL, cmd=0x3

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Hi knottyrope,

What devices are trying to do the OTASL?  Have you made any changes to the IT Policy or tried a new IT Policy?  Are you getting any messages on the devices in regards to the OTASL?

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Guru III
My Device:

[ Edited ]

I have a storm 1, 8900, and some curves.

Their carriers support OTASL.

I have changed the IT policy according to the OTASL KB and pushed it out.

i have the 'Allow Non Enterprise Upgrade' enabled in the IT policy too

Waited but the time stamp you see in OP shows it never updated.

The devices never had a message on it, even trying to upgrade OS OTA failed on a 9700 on 296 even though 405 is available.

Guru III
My Device:

everytime I open BB Manager I get this in apps log.

OTASLRefresh] Failed OTASL Upgrade Refresh

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: M1

These two KB's might help in troubleshooting.

KB15783 and KB05143

It's also worth check on you're SQL DB tables for dbo.DSUP's. and if wireless update is available for devices not enabled in BES.

Guru III
My Device:

First KB is nice but I was never able to get that far. I will be testing out another device soon.

Second KB is for desktop manager, not BB manager on BES.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Voadafone UK

Ensure that your BES can access the OTASL site.

Search for otasl in the logs <server>_BBAS-AS_01_yymmdd_xxxx

If you get something like this:

(05/24 11:04:28:459):{EJB-Timer-78[target=jboss.j2ee:service=EJB3,jar=100basServerManagementServer.jar,name=TimerManagerBean]} [com.rim.bes.bas.softwareconfigurationmanager.SoftwareConfigurationManagerUtilities] [WARN] [BBAS-2038] {u=SystemUser, t=1215770} getAvailableOSBundlesFromNOC Failed to connect to NOC: https://GB.otasl.blackberry.com/pas/pas I/O exception: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

Then you need to allow access on port 443 to *.blackberry.com through your proxy/firewall.

Thx

J/.

Guru III
My Device:

If only I had 5.0.

I can access HTTPS sites on server though.