Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Ok I Have 2 Issues.

1. Being that i have set up 2 users they have the blackberry curve i have set the email on the handheld to delete from both and that works great! But they want to be able to delete the mail in Microsoft Outlook and have it delete from the curve as well.

2. being that i activated there phones with the BES. I had to re activate them and now they can't delete any of the old emails that was there with the first activation.

My Device: Not Specified

Re: Ok I Have 2 Issues.

Hi Sytec,

Regarding your first question, this should be working for them. If the users are enabled for wireless email reconciliation, the deletes that they perform at the desktop mail client should eventually be reflected on their BlackBerry. Something that will affect this is if they empty their Deleted Items before the BlackBerry enterprise Server can look through it and confirm the messages that it should be deleting from the BlackBerry. If the messages are not found in Deleted Items, the BlackBerry Enterprise Server will not instruct the BlackBerry to delete them. If you are running BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.1, you can configure Hard Deletes Reconciliation functionality, however. For further information about Hard Deletes Reconciliation and how to enable it, you can visit our BlackBerry Support website and search on that term.

I'm not sure that I understand your second question. Would you mind explaining it further?

Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

Re: Ok I Have 2 Issues.

Read about hard deletes as mentioned ...

If you do a delete prior on the HH does it delete all of the older messages?  When you re-activated you should have wiped the HH or removed the mailbox data on the HH to make sure that after re-activating only mail from the current activation was there.

If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.