Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: Not Specified

POLC Errors - SCS::PollDBQueueNewRequests - Unknown Command 130, command ignored.

Hi All,

I am seeing a lot of errors in the application event log, which are coming from the POLC log:

[20000] (04/17 00:00:14.202):{0xD2C} SCS:Smiley TongueollDBQueueNewRequests - Unknown Command 130, command ignored.
[40000] (04/17 00:00:25.327):{0xD14} [BIPP] Ping 53882 sent
[40000] (04/17 00:00:25.327):{0xD10} [BIPP] PingResponse 53882 received
[20000] (04/17 00:01:14.202):{0xD2C} SCS:Smiley TongueollDBQueueNewRequests - Unknown Command 130, command ignored.

I cant seem to find any information to what its doing, and therefore why it would fail.

At a guess, I am assuming we have some Database connection error, yet DB test from the manger succeeds. Devices also appear to be working as normal.

Any ideas on this would be much appreciated

Cheers

Developer
My Device: 8900

Re: POLC Errors - SCS::PollDBQueueNewRequests - Unknown Command 130, command ignored.

If you turn the debug up in the logfiles for the policy service do you get any more info?

It's just a guess but is it the BES trying to send an IT command to a device that will not accept that type of command? 

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: Not Specified

Re: POLC Errors - SCS::PollDBQueueNewRequests - Unknown Command 130, command ignored.

[ Edited ]

It seems that a command has been committed to the configuration database that we cannot interpret, for some reason. The code associated with this command is 130. If the BlackBerry Enterprise Server goes through the configuration database and encounters an unexpected command, it is designed to ignore them. We need to focus on the command and who it relates to and it will likely lead us to the right answer. One idea is that we could try to isolate which BlackBerry users the '130' commands are associated to. You can use copy and paste the following SQL query into Query Analyzer, to get that information:

SELECT UserConfig.DisplayName,ITAdminQueue.PIN,ITAdminQueue.Command
FROM UserConfig,ITAdminQueue
WHERE UserConfig.Id = ITAdminQueue.UserConfigId AND ITAdminQueue.Command = '130'
ORDER BY UserConfig.DisplayName
GO

The query that I provided above should return two additional pieces of information for you; the names of the users who these commands are associated with and their PIN numbers. Using these two pieces of information, we can hopefully ascertain any unique applications or configurations that they have, as well as their software versions. Additionally, once we have the names of the users, we can search the debug logs (POLC) for more information.

I hope that this gets you on the right path.

Smiley Happy 

Message Edited by TheOracle on 04-18-2008 01:48 PM