Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Pending Message Count & Performance Hit

I've got several BB accounts that have an increase in pending message count. I know that several of these users are no longer working hear but have been told to keep the account active for another month or two. I'm assuming legal issues.  This results in a lot of pending messages. At what point does the the volume of pending messages becomes a performance hit on my BES server. I'm running Exchange BES 4.1.6

Thanks!

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Re: Pending Message Count & Performance Hit

It will keep increases until they re-activate on a blackberry.

You can remove them from the BES but still keep their actual email mailbox open.

there would be no need to keep them on the BES.

What are pending messages

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
BlackBerry Employee
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Pending Message Count & Performance Hit

There really isnt any set number of pending messages that can contribute to performance issue. The idea really is to stop the BES from wasting resources on these users as BES would be performing rescans every15-30 min. If you remove the users, the BES will have less work to do and the resources can be utilized for current BES users.

Like bumblepie said, remove the users from the BES only and keep their AD Accounts active...this will reduce BES load and also free up some more licenses on the BES for new users Smiley Happy