Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8300 (1st Gen!)

Re: Personal hotmail showing up in the BES mail folder

Thanks knottyrope for the URL!  It answers many of my questions!

And yes, with regard to the contact list issue, that's what I'm doing now, to remember to export from the Outlook client regularly (which in reality, doesn't happen often).  I simply group it instead of by Company Name, I name my personal contacts from the company Personal.  Haven't come across an ideal solution yet.

Perhaps I need to centralize the personal contact info onto a Hotmail/Gmail and then hopefully they have mobile applications that can link up to the BB so the phone numbers are recognized as if it's the address book on the BB.  Then usage, backup, privacy are all solved in one Smiley Happy

Thanks again!

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve
My Carrier: STC

Gr8 work guyz....good information to share....I tried the Empower application and it seems to be working fine. Though I am not sure whether it is freeware or I need to purchase it after sometime.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve
My Carrier: STC

I downloaded the Empower software from Crackberry appllications and presently it seems to work fine. I will try it out and update you guyz...Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

mirmujahed wrote:
I downloaded the Empower software from Crackberry appllications and presently it seems to work fine. I will try it out and update you guyz...Smiley Happy

FWIW -- EmPower indeed works great. You get it for free for an initial trial period (15 days?) after which you'd need to purchase it. I used it originally for the trial period, but then was able to convince my BES admins to implement the BES change that pushed out a "Desktop" icon to the BB's, thereby negating my need to purchase EmPower.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................