Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Please recover user..

I have installed BlackBerry Manager following the instruction tutorials. WHen I tried to activate a user, I received the error to contact system administrator. After following all the troubleshooting steps I could find, permissions, local rights, etc I tried to delete the user from BlackBerry manager. Now I keep getting the "please recover user.." error. I have tried following the threads to solve this, but when I bring up BlackBerry Manager, I do not see two panes, only one screenthat says "Blackberry Professional Software" at the top. What am I missing?
Developer
My Device: Curve 8330

Re: Please recover user..

When you delete a user, the deletion is not done right now. You have a tab "User Pending Delete". The user that you delete should be there. After a while, it will disapear and that will signify that the user is actually deleted. 

If the user is in the "User Pending Delete" list, you can't add this user.

There's an option to delete the user from the Pending list. 

Thank you, have a nice day.

--
Samuel D.
New Contributor

In the home tab of BlackBerry Manager, it says there are 2 users. If I select the "Users" tab, it does not list any, so I am unable to go further.
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

How about User pending delete tab?
New Contributor

The tabs I have are Home, Users, Software Configuration, Connection Service, Local Ports.
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Have you tried restarting BES services?
New Contributor

I have restarted the services, and also re-booted the server. I am using a virtual server, are there issues with that perhaps? I couldn;t see any documentation saying that virtual servers are not supported, but one never knows.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8900

Sounds like it is a permissions issue.

Also, is the edp.dat message getting to the users inbox?

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
New Contributor

I ran the test IEMSTest.exe and it created and then deleted the test folder successfully - I believe that means that the permissions are correct. I am not sure what the edp.dat e-mail is (newbie, sorry), if it is the e-mail that appers quickly and then dissapears when the desktop redirector is forwarding the e-mail then I am getting it. Can the fact that I am running desktop redirector (until I can get BlackBerry Manager running) be an issue?
Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8900

Yes that is going to be an issue.  Stop using the re-director and delete all those edp.date messages before you start another installation

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!