Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Problem upgrading to BES Enterprise from BES Professional

Hello all!

Hopefully somone can help me with my issue. I am trying to upgrade our BES Professional to BES Enterprise. I received the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Trade-Up Key and tried to add it as a regular licnese to my existing BES Pro Server. I was informed thats all I would need to do.

We have a 2003 Ent. server runnning exchange 2003 Standard and our BES Pro. We will be migrating to 2007 Exchange on a month or two and figured if we can upgrade our BES Pro to Ent. while leaving it on the same box this would be great becasue when exchange is migrated we can utalize that box just for the BES Ent. My sales person said although they do not recomend the BES Enterprise run on the same box as exchange that it would work and be fine for the time wee needed.

When I add the trade up key, i get an error stating. You have entered a bes upgrade key, upgrade keys should only be used when upgrading to BES Enterprise"

Please help, as I am getting the heat from above.

Sincerely,

Charles

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Problem upgrading to BES Enterprise from BES Professional

They should of emailed a link to the setup files, when installing/upgrading you will be asked for the key then.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

The only thing i received was a link to the key:

Thank you for purchasing RIM software.If you have purchased BlackBerry Enterprise Server software, please ensure your systems are configured to meet the minimum system requirements prior to attempting the installation. Review the minimum system requirements and gain access to other helpful installation resources at the website below: BlackBerry Enterprise Server Installation Resources

You may pickup your software and license keys by visiting:
https://www.blackberry.com/Fulfillment/reg.XXXXXXXXXXXXX

The link then takes me ato a place where I can download a zip with two PDF's and also shows the tradeup key?\  is there anywhere I can get the link or the upgrade software?   Thanks,Charles

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

It should of been there but, IIRC you can download a trial BES (just do not use the key that comes with it) and run it with the trade up key.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor

I will try to download the trial version of Ent. now and see if that works.

Thanks for the fast responses and possible solutions.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

All you need to do is download the latest service pack for full bes.. 4.1.6

When you run it over the top, thats when it asks for the unlock key and converts to full bes..

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=7B66B4FD401A271A1C7224027CE111BC

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8900

Yeah, just to agree with what was posted, it really is a very easy process, don't be intimidated by it at all.

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
Highlighted
Guru III
My Device:

I agree with bbhorrigan, it was easy when I did it.