Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
PCA
New Contributor
My Device: Pearl 8100
Accepted Solution

Problem with BBM Messages

Hello, i have a really big problem with my blackberry (i am not the only one, couple of friends have the same problem).

Until 4 months ago I was able to talk to all of my bbm contacts without any problem. Now I don't know why I can't do it anymore. These friends can only write me (pictures or vioce notes that they send me do not arrive)  but I  can't answer them. The messages are sent, but not delivered, and then what happens is that the contact becomes unreachable.

I tried to fix the problem by deleting this contacts, but i made it worst, because now their appear as pendings, after i have or they have answered the request.

With the e-mail and internet service there is no problem at all.

I talked to my phone company and they told me that they couldn't help me with that because they only do the installation and provide the service. I am in Italy by the way.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Problem with BBM Messages

What version BES and mail server?

Have you rebooted the BES or restarted services?

Checked magt logs?

Any BES errors?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8900

Are you on a BES?

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

meh, solved with no kudos, sigh.....

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor
My Device: Various
My Carrier: Rogers and Sasktel

Knotty, did you ever find out what the solution was this person was looking for?  By your post I didn't really see a clear solution, I'm hoping you can help further. 

I have a similar problem where we have 11 users on a BES (v4.1.7.17) with Exchange 2003, that can use BBM among themselves but can only receive messages from others not on our BES.   We have 2 IT policies (Default and one other) and it appears that only the Default IT Policy is being used and the config is... well.... all defaults (as one would expect).    I'm only 5 weeks into my position at this company and I've been told that they had this issue from day one.

From your post you suggested rebooting the BES or restarting services, this has been done.  Where would I find these magt logs?  When you refer to BES errors, I'm assuming to view those in the Event Viewer? 

Thanks

Guru III
My Device:

This should fix your issue.

KB13016 How to disable PIN encryption on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server

New Contributor
My Device: 8830 world edition
My Carrier: verizon

did you find the solution to this? my daughter is going to Florence in the fall and is taking her verizon 8830 world phone. She wants to be able to BBM us and I was told the best thing to do was to have verizon unlock the phone and then buy a italian (WIND) sim card with unlimited data plan to install in it. I also read where verizon partners with vodafone in europe and that they would unlock and send a vodafone sim card for the phone. Either way, I would like to know the cost of doing this. I heard that with the italian card that they often have specials with 3 months unlimited for a fixed cost. and that additional months are only 12 euros. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.

PCA wrote:

Hello, i have a really big problem with my blackberry (i am not the only one, couple of friends have the same problem).

Until 4 months ago I was able to talk to all of my bbm contacts without any problem. Now I don't know why I can't do it anymore. These friends can only write me (pictures or vioce notes that they send me do not arrive)  but I  can't answer them. The messages are sent, but not delivered, and then what happens is that the contact becomes unreachable.

I tried to fix the problem by deleting this contacts, but i made it worst, because now their appear as pendings, after i have or they have answered the request.

With the e-mail and internet service there is no problem at all.

I talked to my phone company and they told me that they couldn't help me with that because they only do the installation and provide the service. I am in Italy by the way.

Guru III
My Device:

most likely the SIM being used does not have a BlackBerry dataplan, with out one it can be used as a phone with SMS and limited surfing.

New Contributor
My Device: 8830 world edition
My Carrier: verizon

Would you know if we went with a vodafone card, that would support bbm? vodafone is a partner of verizon.

Guru III
My Device:

voda does sell the BlackBerry plans, you will need to contact them about adding in the BlackBerry dataplan.