Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Pushed data lost after 10 minutes

Hi,

I have an application running on the BB device.  I pushed data to this app once a day.  If a particula BB is not on at the time of the push the data is lost after 10 minutes.  In an attempt to get this data to be available for a longer period of time I have set Store Push Submissions to True (MDS, edit settings, Push/PAP).  For the BB Domain I have tried to set Maximum Stored PUsh Messages to a value greater than 0, but the change that I submit is not saved.  In the logs there is this message: 

[20000] (04/14 12:04:26.356):{0x2560} [ODBCRecord:Smiley Very HappyoSetValue] SQL error: [0x80040E14  Unable to set MDSPushMaxStoredMessages as this feature is disabled for MSDE] Source: [Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server] SQL State: [42000] NativeError: [50000]

This is on our BES version 4.1.3.16, MDS version 4.1.4.17

On our other BES running version 4.1.1.12, MDS version 4.1.4.17 - I get an error when I attempt to save.  The error tells me to look in the log.  Same message as above.

My real problem is getting the data to be available for up to 12 hours on the BES.  Am I going about this correctly.  Is the error message I get a bug or a sql server version problem (MSDE).

thanks for your help

rr

Retired

Re: Pushed data lost after 10 minutes

Hi randyuap,

You are observing the expected behavior. Storing push submissions in the database is not supported for MSDE. You need to be running a DB2 or SQL server instance, to have this functionality enabled for you.

It sounds like your core problem is having the data "available" for an extended period of time? Is there any reason why the data needs to be available for that long? Once the user receives the push information, there should be no problem. Are you referring to push information that was sent to the target user(s) but is "lost" because it hasn't been received by them (due to powering off the BlackBerry or going out of coverage)? If that is the case, you can configure a longer timeout setting on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server for this (refer to the Flow Control Timeout in the General properties of the MDS Connection Service). To enable a 12 hour timeout, you would enter the value of '43200000', as the values must be entered in milliseconds. After the timeout value is reached, any push data that was pending for the BlackBerry will be discarded.

Contributor

Thanks, that's the information I was looking for.  We need to have this data available for and extended period of time for the reasons you stated, the device may be off or out of service area.

rr

Highlighted
Retired

Glad to help!

Smiley Happy