Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

BlackBerry Employee
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Read messages do not reconcile as read on blackberry

Does it reconcile going from Device to Outlook or is the problem only Outlook to Device? Also do you see any warning messages logged for this user in the application log in event viewer?
New Contributor

I'm having almost exactly the same problem except I'm not using BES - just set things up with my carrier to get my exchange mail through the OWA url.

I'd be interested to know of any updates - I too have tried coming out of cached exchange mode, tried making changes in OWA, deleting and reacquiring service books, etc - all to no avail.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

tomdowler wrote:

I'm having almost exactly the same problem except I'm not using BES

You should of posted in the BIS section.

You issue is totally unrelated as the devices connect in completey different ways.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Wow.

Way harsh.

And you should have written "should have". Clearly your issue is completely related to your ignorance.

Furthermore, I wasn't posting a question, I was stating that if the original poster had found a solution offsite I'd appreciate him/her sharing it with me. I wasn't asking for assistance, simply knowledge share, and commenting on the original post.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'll make sure never to bother coming back.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

[ Edited ]

Sorry if it sounded harsh, there would of been an ! at the end if I wanted to be harsh.

Welcome to the forums, I was knot meaning to push you away, just direct you to the right place.

Thanks for the Kudos.

Message Edited by knottyrope on 05-01-2009 02:27 PM

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Highlighted
Contributor

Still no answer to my question problem still having all of the same symptoms.  Looks like I'll  have to pony up the 255 bucks or whatever it is for incident support....kinda weak.
BlackBerry Employee

Does it reconcile going from Device to Outlook or is the problem only Outlook to Device? Also do you see any warning messages logged for this user in the application log in event viewer when trying from Outlook to device? Also is the behaviourinconsistant or it never works?

If it works from OWA to Device, then Im not sure why it wouldnt work from Outlook to Device. Change in OWA means the change occured in the users mailbox level which then triggered a notification of the change in which then BES processed and sent to device. Reading message in outlook should create the same notification ...only thing i can think of is unless Outlook is in cache mode and not connected to Exchange, the change did not occur at store level....once connected change should be picked up and all should work.....

Also regardless of notification, after 15-30 min, BES should do a rescan and pick up the reads/unreads....

Contributor

The problem is only from Outlook to the Device.  I do not see any errors in the application logs.  The behavior is constant it NEVER works from Outlook to the Device to display a read message from either Outlook or OWA as a read message on the device.  The messages on the device remain UNREAD.
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Bell

Ok back to basics here:

- We've already deleted and resent the Desktop[CMIME] service book

- We know Wireless rec is turned on for the Desktop service from the device

- Rec isn't working in OWA

What about deletions? If you drag something to the deleted items in OWA and leave it in the deleted items folder, is it removed from the device when you click Reconcile Now?

Was the mailbox moved recently? 

Also, what versions of MAPI are we dealing with? Is Outlook installed on the server?