Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Reconcile Problems

Hello Forum,

We are having this problem with multiple users. It seems like the Blackberry's are not reconciling. Even when the feature is turned on the device it either does not do it or is very slow. Is there a setting in the BES that will fix this problem or does BES 5.0 upgrade corrects this problem.

Thanks

Super Contributor
My Device: 7230,7290,8100,8300,8700,9000

Re: Reconcile Problems

Hi Hi,

Email reconcilation is consider a low priority task compare to email flow and other PIMS sync.  Normally if you remove or read an email from your inbox (PC), it may take about 10-30mins to get reconcile and there is no time interval settings.

For you to test if email reconcilation is working or not, simply do a'reconcile now' test.  Open and unread email from your Inbox (PC) and from your BB, go to messages > options > select reconcile now and check if BB get update.  If it does, therefore your reconcilation feature is working.

In regards to deleting email, due to BB will only reconcile with user's mailbox, therefore all deleted messages must remain in 'deleted items' of their mailbox, if user shift delete emails or empty 'deleted items' before the reconcilation occurs, those messages will remain in BB.  There is a work around for this issue is to turn on "hard delete" feature on the BES.  Simply click on Help and search for "hard delete" in Blackberry Manager.

You should also check if users have turn on/off wireless reconcilation feature by going to Messages > Options > Email reconcilation in BB.  Ensure, Delete on is set to Mailbox and handheld, and the wireless reconcile is set to ON.

Post back if you have further issues.  This could due to incorrect setup of service account or mis-match of MAPI32.dll.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If someone give you helpful hints, please click on Kudos.
If you issue is resolved, mark Accept Solution next to the resolution post.
Feel free to search www.blackberry.com/btsc to find your answers.
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

Hi,

We ha got a similar issue, my problem i srelated to items moved from the Inbox to local folders in Outlook. those changes don't reflect in the BB device.

I tried all things above, don't know what's wrong....

Thanks

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

This will explain a lot about reconcile and hard deletes
KB04863 - Permanent deletion of email messages in Microsoft Outlook does not reconcile to the BlackB...

link in above KB in case you missed it
KB04853 - How to enable hard deletes on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server

I have also changed the messages state size to 1000 and it cured 99% of our issues.
The performance hit and RAM increase is almost nil on the BES box.

On Device also double check:

Make sure that Wireless Reconcile is set to On. Sometimes toggling that to off, saving it, then turning it back on.
Messages Options - Email reconciliation -
Delete on Mailbox and handheld,
wireless reconcile = Yes
On conflicts = Mailbox wins.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8900

If you go to folder redirection are all those folders listed on the BlackBerry?

Open email > Menu button>email settings > folder redirection> can you find all your outlook folders in here. Remember you can only sync folders in your inbox and not PST's

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!