Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: RIM Z10
My Carrier: PLUS (Poland)

Recovery deleted contacts

Hi. One of my user of BES have a Bold 9000 and store contacts only localy on handheld. When we move them from one server to another the contact list was doubled so we use a code "rset" to remove all contacts and rewiped from server Exchange. Is this posible to recover contacts from before we make this? We don't have any backup on PC.

This not make mistakes, who does nothing.
Włodzimierz Lenin

BES 5.0.4,BES 10.2
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Recovery deleted contacts

You say on device only, where are they on the device?

If you moved the contacts from one server to another whats the issue?

You should be able to restore contacts from exchange backup.

Are you asking about before you do RSET or did you do it already?

We need input please

What version BES

What version Exchange?

What shoe size?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Trusted Contributor

You say on device only, where are they on the device?

The contacts was only on device (becouse user have problem with synchro with exchange)

If you moved the contacts from one server to another whats the issue?

When I moved user from one server to another I didn't make any reactivate only resend the service books

You should be able to restore contacts from exchange backup.

There is a contacts restorte from exchange (from outlook contacts) but some of them have only info in handheld.

Are you asking about before you do RSET or did you do it already?

I did RSET already so i think there gone Smiley Sad

BES server 5.0 + sp1

Exchenge 2003

Włodzimierz Lenin

BES 5.0.4,BES 10.2
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

If you did REST and they were never in outlook then I would say they are gone too.

Possible with an exchange backup you could restore the hidden folder an maybe the OTA device backup would get them back. It is a long shot though and will take a bit of work to get done.

I would get a copy of desktop manager so in the future you could backup the device incase something goes wrong.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I  never recover hh from OTA device backup. How can I use them? Is t6his posible to obtain a contacts from sql database?

Włodzimierz Lenin

BES 5.0.4,BES 10.2
Guru III
My Device:

[ Edited ]

There is not much of any user info stored in SQL.

There is a hidden folder in Exchange.

That is where the OTA backup info is stored.

SO if you restore that info with an exchange backup and activate a new or wiped device you may get some info back.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I found tool that help me a view this hidden folder. With this subscribe I think that i can view what information is store in this folder. I try to recover some information from my own HH and I give you a feedback about this what i find.

Włodzimierz Lenin

BES 5.0.4,BES 10.2