Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630

Reissued Blackberry receiving old user's emails

We have a Blackberry 8830 that we issue to users for when they go overseas (users are setup with the 8330 by default). The last user who borrowed the phone was setup for her email using our BES, but we receiving some emails from the user who had borrowed it previously. The phone had been wiped and on BES the previous user was set back up with her normal phone.

Is there a way to reset the phone (8830) on the BES so it does not send email to it for other users other than who is setup with it?

All war is based on deception
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Reissued Blackberry receiving old user's emails

Never saw that happen.-

Was it setup with a BIS account also?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Not sure what you mean by BIS account.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

There are many way to get email on the phone.

KB13528 - Duplicate email messages are received on the BlackBerry smartphone

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor

Ah, Blackberry Internet Service account. No the phone does not have that setup. Its weird that it is happening after a data wipe on the device and the user being setup with a different device on BES.

Let me just clarify the situation in case I'm not making it clear:

UserA has a 8330 and borrows the 8830 with her number being forwarded to the 8830 and email setup via BES. UserA comes back and the phone is wiped clead to factory defaults and is re-activated on BES with her 8330.

UserB has a 8330 and borrows the same 8830, her number forwarding to the device and email setup via BES. UserB gets her mail, but also get some mail sent to UserA.

UserB has returned and is back on her 8330, forwarding turned off and phone is wiped.

I just want to make sure I'm cleaning this correctly to prevent it from happening in the future.

Guru III
My Device:

Sounds like what you are doing is ok. I never get others emails on a device once activated. Did you look at your mail server logs to see if maybe any forwarding was being done.

New Contributor

I've verified in Exchange that no forwarding conditions are set. Is there any way to do some message tracking in BES?
Guru III
My Device:

The BRK can do it.

I have not used it yet.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=D736BB10D83A904AEFC1D6CE93DC54B8

New Contributor

Sounds like a plan. I'll use the resource kit to see why it seems to be forwarding.

I'll post any results that seem to lead to a resolution. Thanks!

Guru III
My Device:

Sounds like a plan, please let us know how you progress.