Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Retracted meeting requests are resent to meeting participants (Groupwise)

Hello,  I have an issue with syncing GroupWise calendars to blackberry handhelds. This has been a very difficult issue to troubleshoot because it is not something I have been able to recreate, so bare with me while I provide the vague details that I have. Here is the problem that occurs;
A users will have an appointment in their calendar (GroupWise and blackberry) and the appointment gets either retracted or rescheduled by the sender from GroupWise. The appointment will update in the GroupWise calendar fine but on the Blackberry the old appointment will not be removed. The users will usually notice this and will then delete the incorrect appointment and at that point the appointment is resent to all of the original recipients of the appointment from that user.
 I hope I have explained that well. As you can see this quickly becomes confusing for the users. The biggest problem I have troubleshooting this is that it appears to be random, I can’t pin down any similarities between these appointments and, although it’s an ongoing issue, I have never been able to recreate the problem with my own testing...  I did come across this KB article ( http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB16452 ) with describes a very similar situation
"In some cases, these resent meeting requests are also sent from the BlackBerry smartphone to other meeting participants even though the BlackBerry smartphone user may not be the organizer of the meeting." 

But the cause this article describes is directly related to the installation of 4.1.6, but we've had the problem both before 4.1.6 and after upgrading to 4.1.6.   Any help you can provide me with this is appreciated, but please don’t just skim through what I have wrote and tell me to upgrade something without giving me a reason.   Thanks. BES version – 4.1.6GW POA version – 7.0.3GW Client – 7.0.3OAPI or SOAPOAPI Mode 

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8300

Re: Retracted meeting requests are resent to meeting participants (Groupwise)

HI,

Well, without being able to pinpoint down when and how the error occurs , we are really just guessing at answers and solutions.

Some extra questions...

Do the people who get these errors have the appts rescheduled by a delegate?

Does the delegate creat ethe appt and the user then issue the rescheduling?

Or a second delegate does the rescheduling?

Checked out my Blackberry FAQ's and Links to Needed Articles here
http://darkeen.homelinux.com/index.php/Blackberryfaq
New Contributor

Hi,  Thanks for the response, any help is definitely appreciated.  

At the beginning of the year appointments are scheduled for the entire year, by one person (a delegate) who is neither involved in the meeting nor has a Blackberry. These are tentatively scheduled, of course, and as the year goes on these appointments will either be rescheduled or retracted so here is a common scenario: 

In January person A sends out X number of reoccurring appointments from GroupWise at various dates throughout the year. These appointments are accepted in GroupWise by persons B, C and D. Then later in the year as we approach one of the appointment dates it is either canceled or retracted in GroupWise by person A. The old appointment will remain on one or more of persons B,C and D's Blackberry calendars; lets say it remains on B's Blackberry. Once B realize that the appointment on the Blackberry should not be there they delete the appointment on the Blackberry and then the appointment is resent from B to A, B, C and D. To make maters worse often C and D will accept the appointment and the problem repeats itself. Let’s say C accepts it and then realize it was a mistake, deletes it (again from the Blackberry) and the appointments will be resent again from C to A, B, C and D. 

I hope that makes sense. This isn’t always the exact scenario, but it is the most common one.  

For troubleshooting; I have recreated the same scenario above, but I can never duplicate the problem. I have tried sending an appointment from myself, in GroupWise, to others and when I retract the appointment the Blackberry’s synchronize fine, the old appointments are removed from the Blackberry calendar within 1 hour of me retracting them. And even if I do delete them off of the Blackberry before they are retracted, I have never seen them resent to the original recipients of the appointment. I will say this though, when try to recreate the situation I can never completely recreate it because of the time. When I trouble shoot, I can’t recreate the 3 months (or whatever it is) that the appointment sits in the user’s calendar before it is resent

New Contributor

Good banter, good banter....
My Device: 9330 Bold
My Carrier: Verizon

Mr or Ms Schumacher,

Did you ever resolve this issue?