Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Service Relay Session Errors

We have a w2k3 domain, exchange server, and BES server. The bes server is  w2k3 sp2 server with bes manager 4.1. We were getting the below message in our application logs. We rebooted our bes server and we are no longer getting this message. We would like to know what caused this error.

Event ID 10000

Source - Blackberry Router

SERVICE_RELAY_SESSIONSmiley Frustrated112669:007ef648] Service transaction not found. SERVICESESSION_TAG=842061

Thanks in advance
Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

Re: Service Relay Session Errors

This message tells that email which was sent to a BlackBerry was not delivered while the BlackBerry services were running on the BES. After the services stopped, the tag was dropped and an error was reported. When the services restart and the BlackBerry device user’s mailbox is scanned, the undelivered message is resent to the BlackBerry device.

This may also appear if a device that was connected to the BB Desktop Manager is disconnected. The device made a connection to the BlackBerry Router over TCP/IP with the BB Desktop Manager software. After the device disconnected, the connection is lost and the information is reported in the Application log on BES

Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
New Contributor

Can you tell what would have caused the emails to stop coming to the blackberrys. No one in our company were getting emails via their BB. After we rebooted the server that we got the emails on our bbs.
Forums Veteran I

seems to be a typical communications issues with Exch server
Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
New Contributor

So you are saying i should tell my CIO that our BES server stopped working and the reason is "just a typical communications issue with the exchange server" as the reason.
Highlighted
Forums Veteran I

well there is lot more to it, check appliation logs on your BES and look for blocked worker threads and any other errors in regard to BB services.

Was there any updates on Exch server or reboots?