Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Setting up BES account on the 9900

[ Edited ]

ok, am having the same problems getting BES to activate. When i go to set up email, i get an error message. I've tried going to Advanced System Settings but don't seem to have "Enterprise Activation" as an option, as was said earlier in the thread!

Believe it or not, I spent 6 hours trying to get this to work on Friday, numerous phonecalls to Vodafone, different departments who transferred me, cut me off, didn't have a clue and passed me round. Their conclusion? you need a new SIM card!!! ARRGGHH!

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: setting up BES account on the 9900

are you on a BIS or BES dataplan?

PM me with your PIN if you want and I can test it.

also can try a HRT reset

On the handset, go to:

For OS5 and 4.x
Options - Advanced Options - Host Routing Table
and click Register now, and escape back to the home page.

For OS6
in options, device , advanced, host routing table, click on menu and choose register now.

Wait 2 minutes and see if registration to network happens.

Then go to Options - Advanced options.
Do you have the Option Enterprise Activation?

If so then you should be enabled for the BES data plan. if you dont have the BES data plan then the option should be removed from the handset.

IF you have access to BES SRP info get an account here for the new free tools to test Enterprise Activation Readiness .
https://www.blackberry.com/besc/dashboard/

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

thanks, have sent you a PM. 

Should have been clearer, this is a replacement BB for a 9700 Bold which i was using quite happily with my Exchange Server and BES until last week when the software went completely nuts! 

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I think you need a new SIM card for the 4G service as the 9700 does not have it.

This what I get back from the test.

Error: Provisioning not valid
The provided BlackBerry device is currently not provisioned to work with your server. Please contact your wireless provider to change the provisioning on for this device. In order to work with your BlackBerry solution the device must be provisioned for BlackBerry® Enterprise Server (additional charges may apply)

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Highlighted
Contributor

Thanks. After hours on the phone to Vodafone on Friday, they ended up telling me that. I didn't believe them but am waiting for the new card to arrive. 

So when it arrives, I should have that Enterprise Activation menu available immediately? 

Guru III
My Device:

if data services are on it should happen soon

Contributor

new SIM card arrived, activated it and still nothing! Checked with Vodafone that I have BES activated and I do. 

Any ideas ? 

Contributor

The latest from Vodafone .........

Plug in the USB cable to desktop manager, sync, then (magically) that will enable Enterprise to activate!

Jeez, these guys are driving me crackers!
Contributor

ok, finally making progress on this. They told me to download Blackberry Enterprise Activation from AppWorld, which I did. Entered email address and got a new activation password sent. it takes ages, then I get

"the blackberry enterprise server has not responded to your activation request. An Error may have occurred". I then go to more details and get :

"This may be due to one of the following:

The email address has been entered incorrectly. 

The activation email has been modified or moved from your email inbox by spam / attachment scanning software or a mail client rule. 

You have not yet been added to the blackberry enterprise server. Please either canel this request and contact your IT support team or continue to wait for a response". 

Just to be clear, the email address is correct, the validation password was new and entered correctly and this is a replacement BB, so had been using it with BES before these problems, so clearly I am registered on BES on the server. 

Any clues please? 

Guru III
My Device:

[ Edited ]

I just did a test on your pin and still invalid. unless the SIM is out.

are you on full BES or BES express 5?