Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Slow delay on receiving and sending emails as well as lookups.

A number of our users are getting delays on emails, calendar, activations and lookups. We have found the collation is when the users are on one particular BES and on one particular Lotus Domino home mail server. We have two BESs both of which are on the same LAN and scores of home mail servers two of which are on the same LAN as the affected one and clustered with it as well. Have a good ping rate between affected BES and the affected home mail server and a Domino trace command resolves very quickly. This only seems to affect 'BES to home mail server' services, MDS applications and Internet browsing is fine. We are using BES version 4.1 in an IBM Lotus Domino environment.

Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

Re: Slow delay on receiving and sending emails as well as lookups.

are you seeing any errors in the ALRT / CTRL logs on the BES?  Correlate them to entries in the MAGT log.  Any errors streaming across the Domino console?

What SP level are you at?

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

I can't see any errors in the ALRT or CTRL logs that mentions the home mail server, the users or devices involved neither any errors across the Domino console. We are currently on service pack 5, 6 is currently not supported by our carrier. Version returned from Domino console is 4.1.5.38
Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

SP6 is supported by RIM; why does it matter if your carrier supports it?  Are they providing support for it?
------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/