Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Support for exchange 2007 standard edition

I have exchange 2007 standard edition, also have latest Blackberry enterprise edition, I would like to install exchange 2007 standard edition with the blackberry ent. Edition on windows 2003 standard edition. Can I have such type of envi. In my office. Please suggest.
Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

Re: Support for exchange 2007 standard edition

You can install Exchange 2007 on one server (must be x64 windows) and BES on another server (either 32-bit or x64).  However, while the installer will allow you to install BES on the same server as Exchange 2007, it is not a supported or best practice recommendation.

You can install BlackBerry Professional Software (BPS) on the same server as the Exchange 2007 server and remain supportable, but you lose some functionality with BPS.

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
New Contributor

Thanks for the solution, but I would like to know can blackberry ent. edition will works with exchange 2007 standard edition. does it provide same functionality with exchange 2007 std. edition.

Thanks in advance.

New Contributor

We have to implement exchange 2007 standard edition with Blackberry Enterprise edition on different servers. My question is can I user Exchange 2007 Std. with Blackberry Ent. or do I have to buy exchange 2007 Ent. to work with blackberry Ent. setup, Some sales person had told me if we have to use blackberry Ent. than we have to have exchange 2007 Ent. edition. Is it true. please guide me properly.

Thanks in advance.

Forums Veteran II

skdhunna wrote:

Thanks for the solution, but I would like to know can blackberry ent. edition will works with exchange 2007 standard edition. does it provide same functionality with exchange 2007 std. edition.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, it provides the same functionality.  BES does not see a difference between Exchange 2007 Std. and Ent. edition.

Highlighted
Forums Veteran II

skdhunna wrote:

We have to implement exchange 2007 standard edition with Blackberry Enterprise edition on different servers. My question is can I user Exchange 2007 Std. with Blackberry Ent. or do I have to buy exchange 2007 Ent. to work with blackberry Ent. setup, Some sales person had told me if we have to use blackberry Ent. than we have to have exchange 2007 Ent. edition. Is it true. please guide me properly.

Thanks in advance.

This sales person is WRONG; do not listen to them.