Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

The license key being entered is not compatible...

[ Edited ]

Good Afternoon,

I have an existing BES 4.1.0.38 server with 6 CAL's currently installed and running. We recently purchased 5 additional CAL's, but when I try to add them I receive:

"The license key being entered is not compatible with existing keys in license manager."

I did a bit of research and found that this usually happens when a Professional key is used with an Enterprise server or visa-versa. I'm pretty sure I'm on Enterprise already, but the Help, About screens in my BES manager are vague.

My service provider has been no help what-so-ever, even though all Blackberry products and services have been purchased through them. Someone at my provider also told me I need to upgrade to the latest version of BES, as the latest version is compatible with either key (Pro or Enterprise).

Really there are two things I need to know.

1. How do I figure out what type of BES server I am running?

2. Do I need to change my BES server or do I need a new license key from my service provider?

Any help is appreciated.

FYI, I am currently downloading and plan to install service pack 6.

Message Edited by JustTroItIn on 08-04-2008 02:08 PM
Highlighted
Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

Re: The license key being entered is not compatible...

Call RIM / TSuppport and indicate the error you're getting.

This error is either:

The license key typed is a BlackBerry Enterprise Server - Small Business Edition (SME) key and the keys stored in the license manager are for BlackBerry Enterprise Server.

or

The license key typed is a BlackBerry Enterprise Server key and the keys stored in the license manager are for BlackBerry Enterprise Server SME.

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/