Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

To: field incorrect on blackberry only

Ok, so I have a user on BES that also recently got an iphone.

Somehow, the iphone (must have) done something that replaced his name on messages on his blackberry only with the text: "iphone settings".

This issue has been in place for a week or so, and it doesn't matter what I do I can't reset it to show the proper name... he even upgrade to a new blackberry (the bold), and after enterprise activation the new blackberry continues to show the incorrect to: 

The display is correct everywhere else... outlook, entourage, iphone... all show To: His name.

Anyone have any ideas on where this is being set, or how to fix it?

Thanks! 

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

Re: To: field incorrect on blackberry only

please provide bit more info?

where u see in TO field, what are trying to do when u see 'iphone settings' 

Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
New Contributor

I'm not trying to do anything...

What happens is this...

Any time there is any incoming message, where it would normally say To: First Last it instead says To: iPhone settings

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

on the blackberry addressbook, check if there is a contact named "iphone settings".

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks... that was it. He had created a contact with the information needed to set up his iphone (and I guess the blackberry picked up that contact, since it had his email address in it), and deleting that contact fixed the issue.