Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Transferring a single BES Cal?

I have been reading posts on here regarding transferring "blocks" of CAL's from one BES to another.  We currently have 37 licenses in use, and purchased our original amounts in a set of 20, and then two blocks of 10 each.  Does anyone know if you can transfer a single license (CAL) out of that block of ten, or is it an all or nothing proposition?  I basically need to move 3 of our users to another BES in our domain, but that BES is out of licenses, and as you can see from our numbers, removing 3 from one server would put it down to 34, not enough to spare a block of 10 CAL's.
Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

Re: Transferring a single BES Cal?

dfisher wrote:
I have been reading posts on here regarding transferring "blocks" of CAL's from one BES to another.  We currently have 37 licenses in use, and purchased our original amounts in a set of 20, and then two blocks of 10 each.  Does anyone know if you can transfer a single license (CAL) out of that block of ten, or is it an all or nothing proposition?  I basically need to move 3 of our users to another BES in our domain, but that BES is out of licenses, and as you can see from our numbers, removing 3 from one server would put it down to 34, not enough to spare a block of 10 CAL's.

A CAL key is encompassing of all CALs within it.  If you have a CAL key which provides 10 CALs you remove all 10 CALs when you remove that key.  The key cannot be split.

If you look at RIMs pricing structure, when you purchase CAL keys that include greater number of CALs you get a greater discount.  Hence why they cannot be broken.

Perhaps if you contact your carrier / RIM rep they would be able to work something out for you ... but it would definitely be an exception to the rule.

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Transferring a single BES Cal?

Thanks.  I thought that was the case but wanted to check on any possible workaround. I am good to go, and thanks for the speedy reply.