Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Unable to send mail

All of the sudden we can not send mail with our BB.

I have BES 4.0 for groupwise, we are receiving email even the sent items from the desktop show

up on the BB when sent from the desktop. No emails will go out from the BB but they appear to have

gone out fine (no red Xs).

I have looked at many of the references to the global catalog issue but none of those fit and we do not run

exchange?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Unable to send mail

Have you restarted BES services?

or rebooted BES?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Yes, I have restarted the services rebooted the services even as far as the server itself.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Time to start looking at the logs on the BES server.

Open the BlackBerry Server Configuration application in the start menu and you should see a logging tab. It'll point you to where the logs are kept.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor

I have looked in the logs, the only thing I found that I know of is the messaging agent log yesterday showed the send failed messaged like the blackberry site shows for doc ID:KB13157 for the the microsoft exchange issue there. We don't

use exchange though and it references things we don't have running on ours exchange 2003 or 2007.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8300

Hi,

A few tests:

- Is the SRP status showing connected onthe BES? Yes is Good, No mens your BES isnt connected and wont ever send emails to users/etc. Use the BB Configuratin manager and do an SRP test. if it fails then look at your company firewall and open port 3101 until the SRP test works. If it does work then Look at the router logs to see why the router cant connect on port 3101 to RIM..

Once thats fixed.... try again. It is still isnt working, then....

- Pick a user, any user... Note the Forwarded and Pending Data packets/Messages. Send a test email to that user and then refresh the BB Manager and note the forwarded and pendnig again. Has it gone up? No means the BES is not connecting to the users account. Try deleteuing this user, waiting 15 minutes, adding back and reactivating the handset and see if that works. If Yes then the HH isnt connecting to the BES. Wipe the Handset and reactivate.

I hope that helps, and let us know how it goes!

Checked out my Blackberry FAQ's and Links to Needed Articles here
http://darkeen.homelinux.com/index.php/Blackberryfaq
Guru III
My Device:

I doubt they have an SRP issue. They are getting emails.

Issue is not being able to send.

New Contributor

The SRP is working fine and we are receiving messages, we even receive the sent item when a message is sent from

the desktop we just can not send a message from the BB. It looks fine and never does go to a red X so it looks

as if it works but doesn't.