Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Undread email not reconciling

We are running 4.1.6 MR2 and are running a mixed Exchange 2007 and 2003 environment. Last week we had problems with the inboxes not synchronizing properly. If an email was read or an email was moved into a folder within the email account the changes would not reflect on the device. If the changes were made on the device they were reflected on the mailbox rather quickly. Last week we installed the MapiCDO file from Microsoft on both the Exchange 07 server and the BES server and rebooted both of them and everything was synchronizing perfectly.

Sometime this week the users on the Exch03 servers started having the same synchronizing problems with their inbox. If they moved, read, or deleted an email the changes were not reflected on their devices(8820 or 8830). The users who are on Exch07 are not having any problems at all. I have a case open with RIM and they are telling me that I should try having my BES interact with the exch03 instead of 07 to see if that resolves the issue. I am looking for any other ideas to help me resolve our problems.

I read that there can be problems with synchronizing if there are different version of the cdo.dll and mapi32.dll on the BES server and your exchange servers. I checked the cdo and mapi versions on all of my exchange03/07 servers and here is what I found. The exchange 07 servers have the 1.2.1 cdomapi that I downloaded from Microsoft. The exchange03 servers all have the same cdo and mapi32 files but they seem to be several versions behind the BES server and the exchange 07 severs. Is there a way that I can update these exchange 03 servers(they are all running SP2). to a newever version? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Tyler

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Re: Undread email not reconciling

Have you install Collaboration Data Object (CDO) 1.2.1 on the BES server? I'd also move BESAdmin mailbox to 2007 and re-create MAPI profile on the BES.
New Contributor

Yes we have installed the  CDO 1.2.1 on the BES and on both of the Exchange servers. The Besadmin account/mailbox is on the 2007 exchange servers. How do I go about recreating the Mapi profile on the BES?
Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8900

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB10285&slic...

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
Forums Advisor I

Where did you read that you need to install cdo 1.2.1 on exchange servers as well??
New Contributor

Should I unistall it on the Exch07 servers? I thought it was necissary since exchange07 didn't use cdo or mapi32 anymore?
Forums Advisor I

All I am saying is that cdo 1.2.1 replaces Exchange 2003 Systems manager mgmt tools on BES. I have never read anywhere that it needs to be installed on exchange 2007.
New Contributor

I am still very new at managing the BES environment. We have a company that specializes in remotely managing the BES and they didn't seem to think it was incorrect to install those files on the exchange07 machine. Would there be any other reason to install that package on the exchange 2007 server? I am leaning towards removing it if it is not necissary.
Forums Advisor I

So why don't you let them deal with the issue. Personally me, I do not install anything that is not necessery or recomanded on any of my servers. However I don't think this is the root of the issue but was just thinking that maybe some other upgrade guide steps were misinterpreted or not followed. Just read upgrade instructions word by word.
Forums Advisor I

[ Edited ]

This may help you:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/bes-admin-corner/75890-exchange-2007-bes-install-guide-100-fully-fun...

If you have Exchange Systems Manager 2003 installed on the BES server it will fully support Exchange 2003 but won't fully sync with Exchange 2007 (e.g. Calendar sync doesn't work). If you remove Exchange System Manager and install "MAPI Client and Collaboration Data Objects 1.2.1" it will fully support Exchange 2007 but will have sync issues with Exchange 2003 (e.g. Calendar sync doesn't work).

Message Edited by bbinmyhart on 01-23-2009 09:40 AM