Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Upgrade plan for 4.1.4(bundle 25) to 4.1.6 MR4

I am in the process of planning an upgrade to the latest verison of BES for Exchange. We are running EX07 w/ sp1 currently at hotfix rollup 3.

My plan for the upgrade process is to;

1. Backup BES registry keys, BES log files and BES database.

2. Log into console with besadmin account and run the Service Pack 6 installation

3. After the SP is installed, run the install for Maintenance Release 4

Any holes or gotchas in this plan?

I'm also hoping that this upgrade will fix two issues.

1. Users that are on BES seem to have an issue with setting their out of office message from the Outlook client. From the following thread, I determined that BES may be the culprit. Anyone confirm? Link is below..

http://www.blackberryforums.com/bes-admin-corner/112250-out-office-oof-corruption-blackberry-bes-exc...

2. The second issue has to do with moving mailboxes in Exchange 2007. I am currently moving around 4k mailboxes in my exchange org. After moving x number of mailboxes, anyone that is a BES user is not able to receive messages on their blackberry until the BES server is restarted. Anyone experience this and can confirm the update will resolve?

A few questions that I have in regards to my 384 clients.

1. What is the impact to resend the service packs from the client experience?

2. How about IT policy changes?

3. Will all clients be able to use the new features such as server search and html or are their specific device requirements?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Upgrade plan for 4.1.4(bundle 25) to 4.1.6 MR4

Disable all BES services and SNMP

Run SP6 dont reboot but run MR dont reboot run PDF fix if wanted then reboot

Process will not take a long time, took me 20-30 min.

The delay will be when all users get new service books.

IT Policy wont change.

Search is only for devices that have it.

I dont know about the 2007 issues, I am staying with 2003 for now.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V