02-12-2009 02:01 PM
I am in the process of planning an upgrade to the latest verison of BES for Exchange. We are running EX07 w/ sp1 currently at hotfix rollup 3.
My plan for the upgrade process is to;
1. Backup BES registry keys, BES log files and BES database.
2. Log into console with besadmin account and run the Service Pack 6 installation
3. After the SP is installed, run the install for Maintenance Release 4
Any holes or gotchas in this plan?
I'm also hoping that this upgrade will fix two issues.
1. Users that are on BES seem to have an issue with setting their out of office message from the Outlook client. From the following thread, I determined that BES may be the culprit. Anyone confirm? Link is below..
2. The second issue has to do with moving mailboxes in Exchange 2007. I am currently moving around 4k mailboxes in my exchange org. After moving x number of mailboxes, anyone that is a BES user is not able to receive messages on their blackberry until the BES server is restarted. Anyone experience this and can confirm the update will resolve?
A few questions that I have in regards to my 384 clients.
1. What is the impact to resend the service packs from the client experience?
2. How about IT policy changes?
3. Will all clients be able to use the new features such as server search and html or are their specific device requirements?
Thanks in advance.
I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700
02-12-2009 03:27 PM
Disable all BES services and SNMP
Run SP6 dont reboot but run MR dont reboot run PDF fix if wanted then reboot
Process will not take a long time, took me 20-30 min.
The delay will be when all users get new service books.
IT Policy wont change.
Search is only for devices that have it.
I dont know about the 2007 issues, I am staying with 2003 for now.
BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.
BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V