Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

User contacts not syncing with device when created from Outlook or OWA

[ Edited ]

But if the contact is created from the device, they appear in Outlook and OWA.

The BES server has these errors in the Event viewer when a new contact is created in Outlook,

[ODBCRecord:: DoCreateRecord] SQL error: [0x80040E2F  Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'dbo.SyncRecordState' with unique index 'idx_SyncRecordState_1'. The duplicate key value is (4, 28675, 11728, -9323).] Source: [Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 10.0] SQL State: [23000] NativeError: [2601]

[ODBCRecord:: DoCreateRecord] SQL error: [0x80040E2F  The statement has been terminated.] Source: [Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 10.0] SQL State: [01000] NativeError: [3621]

[ODBCRecord:: DoCreateRecord] COM Error 0x80040E2F - IDispatch error #3119 - Source: "Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 10.0" - Description "Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'dbo.SyncRecordState' with unique index 'idx_SyncRecordState_1'. The duplicate key value is (4, 28675, 11728, -9323)."

[ODBCRecord:: DoCreateRecord] SQL = "SET NOCOUNT ON; INSERT INTO SyncRecordState (UserConfigID, SyncDataSourceId, SyncDbTypeId, TableId, GUID, UID, FieldHashes) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?) ; SELECT SCOPE_IDENTITY(); SET NOCOUNT OFF".

[ODBCRecord:: DoCreateRecord] DATA = "UserConfigID[4] SyncDataSourceId[11728] SyncDbTypeId[28675] TableId[73] GUID[9323] UID[-9323] FieldHashes(first 32 bytes)[0x06007BBBFE1F08005822B1A02000BE105AA02A0075D4ED915100409826237E00] ".

[SYNC-SSession] Failed to add state record in SyncRecordState. [<Users Name>:4, DS=Exchange, DB=Address Book, TB=73, UID=-9322]

Also pulled this error from the SYNC log,

[46055] (09/12 16:34:06.005):{0x1294} [SYNC-DSession] Exchange connector responded MAPI_CALL_FAILED for Add on Address Book, return OPERATION_FAILURE to the device. [<Users Name>:4, SID=1549250889, CLID=58, ECLID=34, TB=73]

Thanks

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: User contacts not syncing with device when created from Outlook or OWA

Contributor

Thanks knottyrope.

Here's the results of running IEMSTest.exe,

C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\Utility>IEMSTest.exe
BlackBerry Enterprise Server Utility - IEMSTest.exe (IExchangeManageStore), Version 1.0
Copyright (c) Research In Motion, Ltd. 1999. All rights reserved.
Opening Default Message Store Mailbox - Black Berry

<Users Name>: Opening message store using
        /o=Exchange/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=<username>
        /o=Exchange/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=<Exchange Server Name>
/cn=Microsoft Private MDB
<Users Name>: Mailbox opened successfully
<Users Name>: Root Folder opened successfully
<Users Name>: Folder created successfully
<Users Name>: Test folder deleted successfully
<Users Name>: MAPI test completed successfully
<Users Name>: CDO Server Name: <Exchange Server Name>
<Users Name>: CDO Mailbox DN: /o=Exchange/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=<username>
<Users Name>: CDO logon successful
<Users Name>: Get default calendar folder successful
<Users Name>: Get calendar folder name successful: 'Calendar'
<Users Name>: CDO test completed successfully
<Users Name>: Active Directory permissions test completed successfully
<Users Name>: Initializing EWS Proxy... successful
<Users Name>: Configuring User... successful
<Users Name>: EWS calendar find request... failed

I checked the permissions again as per KB02276, all is good there and with KB15582, I'm not getting the reported error message and there is a public folder database.

When I do create a contact from the device and it appears in outlook, I can update the details and even delete the contact from oultook and the changes will be reflected on the device.

So far this is only happening on one user. With other users I've testedm including myself, they all seem fine.

Thanks again.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Start with this.

In outlook Make a new folder for contacts called backup

move all contacts to the folder and wait for all to be removed from device

then pull battery on device and put back in

After device boots move contacts from backup to the contacts folder and wait for them all to appear

Make a new contact in outlook and see if it gets to the device.

if above dont work

KB10953 - Contacts do not synchronize between BlackBerry smartphones and Microsoft Outlook

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

Sorry for not replying sooner,

We moved contacts into a folder offline.  After a couple of hours, the contacts had not been deleted from the device.  I confirmed the contacts were not on Exchange still by looking in OWA and the contacts are definitely gone.

I deleted the Desktop[SYNC] service book and resent them but it still didn't sync any of the contacts across.

Should I just delete the user from BES and recreate them as my last resort?

Guru III
My Device:

you can delte user from BES, but it will also delete the device backup from the database

if you choose properties on the contacts folder does it show as an Outlook addess book?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Contributor

What do you mean by choose properties on the contacts folder?  Is this on the device or in Outlook.

Guru III
My Device:

in outlook

Contributor

Yes, it's an Outlook Address Book.

Guru III
My Device:

you do have an odd issue, did you try to wipe the device and activate it again?