Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
My Device: 9850
My Carrier: verizon

back to BES admin... everyone quit and I have to become admin again... quickly....

it's been years... they are using BES 5.0...

they also have boxtone here, which I also inherited...

I'd like to simplify this environment if I can - I read that ...

Well... I need quick help and have SO many other things on my plate here, I need crib-notes... where do I start?

I guess there is an upgrade to BES... is it still called enterprise server?  did we get rid of besmon?  can we manage Android's and iPhone's now (so I can upgrade and get rid of whole environment managing those devices and pull all together under this ONE BB env.)?

Should I do an upgrade to current BES 5.0... or just start fresh... and does any db import/repointing, etc. work well and I can do on small scale like that old import/move tool - do our group first... next group... etc. over to new server/db?

Is there a simplified faq out there to tell me just what I need to do and who to reach out to regarding license fees, etc.? (I'm sure we have TONNES of lic's unused with all the folks that have switched devices and left company)

Thanks for ANY and all help getting me up on my feet!

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: back to BES admin... everyone quit and I have to become admin again... quickly....

cmr-avid wrote:

it's been years... they are using BES 5.0...

they also have boxtone here, which I also inherited...

I'd like to simplify this environment if I can - I read that ...

Well... I need quick help and have SO many other things on my plate here, I need crib-notes... where do I start?

I guess there is an upgrade to BES... is it still called enterprise server?  did we get rid of besmon?  can we manage Android's and iPhone's now (so I can upgrade and get rid of whole environment managing those devices and pull all together under this ONE BB env.)?

Should I do an upgrade to current BES 5.0... or just start fresh... and does any db import/repointing, etc. work well and I can do on small scale like that old import/move tool - do our group first... next group... etc. over to new server/db? Transporter can move users from one DB to another.

Is there a simplified faq out there to tell me just what I need to do and who to reach out to regarding license fees, etc.? (I'm sure we have TONNES of lic's unused with all the folks that have switched devices and left company) No simple FAQ that I know of.

Thanks for ANY and all help getting me up on my feet!

What is your current setup?

BES Version?

Mail server version?

BES 5 and BES 10 can not be on same box yet, but maybe in a month when next update is due.

only BES 10 supports BB10, ios and android

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V