Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 9300
My Carrier: globe

enterprise activation

how can I activate my blackberry enterprise server? on my phone's status it says "not connected".i did enterprise activation and it says i need to provide password..the server sent me an email with DAT.file but i cant open it..please help me because i cant not access to internet

My Device: 9800 - 9810 - Playbook
My Carrier: Proximus

Re: enterprise activation

Dear jaanicejanice,

Your BES administrator will need to add you as a user to the BES server, so make sure your BES admin did that. This way, the BES will start watching your mailbox. Then the BES Administrator will have to set an activation password for you. Once that is done, the device can be activated by means of the enterprise activation feature on the device.

You'll need to provide your email address, and the password your BES Admin created. The device will now send an email to your mailbox. ( This is the email containing the DAT attachement) In this email the password you provided on the device is sent in an encrypted way so that the BES can see if the password was correct.

Because the BES server is watching your mailbox, it will see the Activation email, retrieve it and delete it from your mailbox. If the password is correct, the activation will start, Once that is finished you should have a working BB-device. 

In your case, the DAT-email stays in your mailbox, thus the BES can't read it (SPAM filter changes), or your mailbox is not added to the BES server.

Please find here a complete explanation of the process together with troubleshooting and FAQ:

http://us.blackberry.com/support/enterpriseactivation/ 

Hope this helps

Edward

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 9300
My Carrier: globe

how  can i provide my password? can i activate my BES here on my computer?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

jaanicejanice wrote:

how  can i provide my password? can i activate my BES here on my computer?

you might be able to with desktop manager unless yur BESAdmin blocked that feature.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V